Here are some great treats to whip up during our next snow day.
Snowflake Pretzel Pops (via I Heart Naptime)
- mini pretzels
- ROLO candies
- 1 cup white chocolate
- white and silver sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place four pretzels onto paper and then place a ROLO in the center of the four pretzels. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has started to spread. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute or until melted.
- Place snowflake pretzel onto a fork and dip into white chocolate. Place stick into the middle of the pretzel. Add sprinkles and allow to dry.
Mini Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Snowmen (via Hungry Happenings)
- 8 lasagna noodles
- pinch of salt
- dash of olive oil
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups diced chicken fingers
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 teaspoons Alfredo sauce
- black olives
- mini carrots
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt and noodles. Boil for 12 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Brush two cookie sheets with olive oil. Set noodles in single layer on pan.
- Cut one 2 1/2 inch circle out of one noodle. Then cut that noodle into 2 even strips.
- Repeat with three more noodles.
- Cut give 2 1/2 inch circles out of the remaining four noodles. Set cut pieces back on oil covered pan.
- Brush oil on the sides of eight 6 ounce ramekins.
- Wrap noodle strips around inside of ramekins. Set one round noodle in the bottom of ramekins.
- Stir together cheese and a pinch of salt.
- Stir together chicken with marinara sauce.
- Divide chicken filling among ramekins. Set round noodle on top of chicken filling.
- Divide cheese among ramekins. Set final round noodle on top of cheese filling.
- Spread a teaspoon of Alfredo sauce on the top. Then sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Decorate with cut olives and mini carrots.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Snowman S’Mores (via The Shabby Creek Cottage)
- large marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- graham crackers
- pretzel sticks
- candy corn
- Cut two marshmallows in half. Place three halves on the graham cracker sticky-side down. Microwave until the marshamllows puff.
- Add broken pretzel sticks for arms. Chocolate chips for eyes and buttons and candy corn for nose.